Marie Claire, my sweet sweet baby.
She is four months old now. Everyday I want to push pause so I can block out the boisterous and tumultuous noise of everyday life and just savor her.
All my babies, except for Xavier, have worn this breathtaking baptismal gown. My father wore it as a newborn as have many of my cousins. I am enthralled by its fragile beauty everytime I gingerly unpack it from the special box. Three generations have been reborn of water and Spirit in this gown.
John 3:3-5 "Jesus answered and said to him: Amen, amen, I say to thee, unless a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith to him: How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born again? Jesus answered: Amen, amen, I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
Since I am intimately involved, I have few photos of most of the children's baptisms. My brother Adam only just started acting as photographer extraordinaire. But, I do have one photo of Olivia after she was baptised. She looked angelic sitting in this gown with her startlingly blue eyes and perfect porcelain skin. (One day you may bump into a painting of her as an angel on a church mural in Santa Fe, truly.) I always intend to take photos later, but life continues to press forward and I forget until it is too late. I didn't want this to happen yet again. Thus, I hurriedly found some soft light and captured my memories of another blue-eyed baby girl.
Marie loved the silky slippy softness.
As you may remember, it is impossible to take a photo of just one. So, here is my companion for the afternoon- Gracie. She too has quite the dress on! This one was a gift from a kind neighborhood girl. Grace dons it the moment it emerges from the dryer and sighs with sadness when it must be washed again. Sometimes I feel like I have characters from fairy tales living in my little home.
What could be better?









Summer - what beautiful pictures - How true that in the busy-ness of being a mom to many that we tend to forget to remember how much fun they can be!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting - and reminding me, again, to stop to remember
Blessings
Karen
The gown is beautiful as is the tradition. What a blessing to have such a garment. And Grace is absolutely precious in that dress!
ReplyDeleteBeth,
ReplyDeleteI just giggled with delight to find you blogging! Welcome!