Sunday, October 16, 2011

She Smiles

Marie Claire at Two Months
I love it when the babies begin to smile. It melts my heart every time to see their eyes focus in recognition and a slow, faltering grin spread across their face. Marie is no exception. Seven times I have been blessed to watch sweet joy unfold for the first time. Seven times blessed.

Marie has kept her sweet mellow temperament. She sleeps through most nights (hurray!) and quietly observes the day. Truly, she is an answer to my prayers especially since this...

great galloping gallump had refused to sleep for the first year of his life. 
Yes, an answer to my most fervent prayers.

Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of just one child? There is always another mischievous face trying to get in on the action. I have crop out little hands, shoo away interlopers, and finally concede that there is no such thing as a quick photo of one. There is always another waiting for attention, perched upon the counter top. It makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. I love baby smiles - and your's has the best!
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing with the cyber world!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete