Outside my window...
Evening is settling in and helping to soften the harsh heat of the day.
![]() |
| Marie at 11 months |
I am listening to...
The hum of a ceiling fan, little ones getting ready for bed, Xavier squealing (he does that a lot!)
![]() |
| Xavier rocking the smoothie. I just bought new cups with lids and straws to help. |
I am thinking...
That I can't wait to have a bunch of these snippets piled up so I can read back over them and remember that which is so likely to be forgotten. And, I finally have a place for all those ramdom photos that I love to take!
I am thankful...
For a sweet husband who comes home and whisks the children off even when he is really tired.
Adoration
![]() |
| Marie just after she woke up |
In the kitchen...
Oh, much to my eldest chagrin, things are a'changing. I am seriously reading up on the Paleo diet and it's scientific support (which is very important to my Dh, the science guy.) This book, It Starts with Food, has been incredibly eye opening. I know that food selection is crucial, but this book has helped me understand how food interacts in our bodies and with our health in a whole new way. As I have quite a few little ones with eczema, asthma, chronic respiratory infection, tummy aches, and more, I think some serious changes are in order. At the very least, we need to do a little science experiment to see if it will help. I will be the first Guinea pig by starting Whole 30 as soon as I can muster up the willpower.
I am wearing...
A grey skirt with a new bleach stain, tan cami, and dark blue t-shirt with a smattering of sequins and ruffles. Goodness, that does not sound like me at all, but the shirt really is very plain.
I am creating...
New plans for order around the house thanks to the FlyLady. I am going to let her be the boss and see if we can lay down some serious habits of cleanliness this summer.
![]() |
| Fingerpainting to help ease the resentment that we had to stay home with a feverish Marie while the big 'uns were off at camp. |
I am reading...
It Starts with Food, The Great and Terrible Quest, and lots of curriculum catalogs
Around the house...
I am trying to find a new purposeful and organized rhythm. That is hard as it so against my procrastinating nature.
Living the Liturgy...
It's Ordinary Time. I do love this time after the busy feasting. However, I would like to make plans for which feasts we will celebrate in the upcoming year. Life has a way of barreling along and I forget to make time for specialness.
![]() |
| Cub Scout Camp |
Potty training Xavier again with a new relaxed attitude
Cleaning the house
Making book lists for next year
Swimming at the neighbor's pool
(Yep, that's about it. It's not exciting but it is fulfilling.)





No comments:
Post a Comment