The day started out with pancakes, of course, and the glorious understanding that today was a party day. The Murphy family invited us and 45 of their closest friends for a Mardi Gras extravaganza. My children awoke asking, "Is today the Murphy party?" And then proceeded to ask every 15 minutes thereafter the same question. The first words out of Dominic after his nap was, "Now we go to the Murphys?" Yes, love, now!
All the children decorated masks and the patio floor with glitter, sequins, and feathers.
Beads were a necessary accessory for all.
Some serious playtime and snacking followed. Squeals of laughter and chatting mothers kept the backyard lively.
Sequins and more sequins. I love the sparkle!
One mom brought an authentic king cake complete with two babies but the children inhaled it before I could get a picture. It was lovely, I promise.
Quinton
We ended the day with a visit to the Abbey to view the first class relic of St. Mary Magdalen. I have never seen such a large relic before. Everyone was impressed by 'the Pentitent' turned saint. Truly, an inspired beginning to Lent.
No comments:
Post a Comment