Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kittens Come Home

I have been deathly allergic to cats since I was very young. They have incited more miserable days than I care to recall. However, we became desperate last summer when the ground squirrels began stealing our chicken eggs. Brazen! Stephen did his best to end their pilfering, but they outnumbered him 50 to 1. When we heard that one of the local barn cats was about to give birth to a litter, we immediately begged for two. Thus, Thomas and Francis came to live with us, in the garage.


Thomas is named for St. Thomas Aquinas, a Dominican friar whose habit was black and white. He is a true hunter and has caused my children to cry many times from his choice of dinner. Stephen, on the other hand, thinks he is the best cat ever!

Francis, named for St. Francis who wore a brown habit, is a gentler and more discerning cat. He prefers to find some loves and maybe a lizard or two. The children adore him! Stephen thinks he's cute but eats way too much kitty food. I suppose that's what we get for naming him after St. Francis.


Kitten Play

Francis, lounging as usual

Thomas comes in for a sneak attack

Francis fights back

A tussle ensues

And Thomas emerges victorious!



Dominic, the ultimate cat stalker, scoops up Thomas and hauls him off.  
The winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment