Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day at the Mission

Well,  after much pondering and preparation, we headed off this morning to have a family photo taken at our beautiful mission. Coordinating eight people to arrive looking handsome and groomed at a location 45 minutes away at 9am is no small feat, but we did it! And then the photographer was over an hour late. Oh well, we toured the stunning grounds and took a few photos of our own. 

I dressed everyone in navy blue, white, khaki, and denim. The children looked wonderful and Dominic was so proud of his belt. The day was cool and overcast when we arrived.



Quinton was looking especially sharp today!

Here is a better shot of my new haircut. Olivia has finally stopped scowling at me and Collette has declared it "Very pretty." 
Doesn't it look like that plant is about to grab my head and eat me? :-)



This is how I would like to landscape my 2.5 acres. Oh, it was absolutely breathtaking!

All in all, it was a wonderful day. The children behaved beautifully, even after the hour wait. Xavier cooed, Dominic smiled happily, and the big kids relaxed and enjoyed the whole event. I'll find out in a week how the photos turned out. Can I say a prayer for a pretty family picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment