Saturday, August 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Gracie

It has been quite a summer. As my stomach has rounded out with our newest addition, older children have kept getting, well, older and taller and stronger and and and... Always more. Always good, hopefully. :-)

Grace turned eight this past June. I am still trying to remember that she is getting to be a big girl now and is not the tired little pumpkin who fell asleep in odd places at the drop of the hat nor the little one  who spent large chunks of her afternoon petting the dog.  No, now she is a happy big eight.



Grace Right Now
1. She is turning into a voracious reader. 
There is constantly a stack of books on, beside, and under her bed.
2. Her favorite books are from the American Girl historical series.
3. She loves to draw pictures of princesses and animals.
4. When she is off with friends, she is chatty and active. When she is home, she is quiet and sensitive.
5. She loves to match her clothes by color from head to toe.
6. She would prefer not to make her bed or dry the dishes.
7. She has discovered the joy of telling jokes.
8. She is tenaciously pursuing the goal of ten pull-ups without stopping. I think Daddy has promised a prize to anyone who can do that and I do believe she will win!




Happy Birthday, my love!



2 comments:

  1. Seriously Summer - JUNE!

    Well, Happy Birthday Grace! from Massachusetts!

    (I refuse to accept blame for the late wishes cuz your mom didn't let us know when it actually happened!)

    continued prayers and blessings to you and yours, my friend
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!

      Okay very rarely can I write that and have it be true, but goodness, you make me laugh!

      Thanks for the love from Massachusetts, Karen!

      And late is my specialty. :-)

      Delete