Welcome Class of 2011
Our Lady of the Mountain Home School
Some of my dear students were very excited to start the new year.
And some had little trepidations.
![]() |
| Olivia, Eighth Grade 13 years old |
![]() |
| Quinton, Sixth Grade 11 years old |
![]() |
| Collette, Third Grade 8 years old |
![]() |
| Dominic, PreSchool 3 years old |
![]() |
| Grace Anne, First Grade 6 years old |
![]() |
| Xavier, PreSchooler in Training 2 years old |
As tradition dictates, we started off the year with self portraits. Everyone gathered around the table, set up their mirrors just so, and cheerfully created their masterpieces. New pencils and a fresh box of oil pastels were broken in and enthusiasm reigned.
Xavier and Dominic struggled with sharing those special orange pastels. Dominic fiercely guards all things orange as that is his color. While Xavier covets all things orange because, well, Dominic guards them so fiercely. They must be special! He hasn't learned quite yet that his color is purple.
We tried a new lesson in portraiture this year. Inspired by the creativity at Deep Space Sparkle, we did an art lesson based on Modigliani's exaggerated proportions. Everyone loved the ease with which they could create a very specific style.
The Inspiration
The Interpretation
I really love the results!
They are a serious bunch though.
Marie watched and slept the day away. I am so grateful for her peaceful personality.
Last year I was sighing with content. This year I am bracing myself for the year to come. I know intimately the trials of schooling with many young children and a precious newborn. Each morning I pray for the graces needed to act in patience and speak with tenderness when sleep is scarce and both of those qualities are in short supply. Each day is new and full of hope that, together, we will live and learn as Our Lord intends. And the graces come.
Our Lady, Mother Most High, Pray for Us

















No comments:
Post a Comment