Friday, April 23, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 1)

I have been wanting to do a 7 Quick Takes Friday since I began reading Conversion Diary. I always enjoyed the quick thoughts and funny commentary. So, with a deep breath, here it goes...

1. Today the training began in earnest. Having two in diapers has lost its luster and it is time. I have sworn not to buy another pack of diapers for my boy. (Thank goodness I have lots on hand in case this doesn't go well.) And, yes, those are Gymboree undies. Why?  Because they are so cute and maybe the puppies will inspire him. You never know, it could work.


2. Dominic has chosen his reading materials. A classic collection of nursery rhymes to while away the time. Excellent choice!


3. The baby is kept occupied with an old toothbrush while he too whiles away the time.


4. The all important reward stands poised and ready for success. Nothing motivates my dynamo to park it for awhile like jelly beans leftover from Easter. This has worked on previous children also. I think jelly beans have special powers. Of course, I have to get my big kids to stop eating all of them.


5. Something new learned: If you have an inexpensive, synthetic rug that has met with a catastrophic accident, you can wash it in the washing machine. Very handy! I laid mine out to dry. I thought putting them in the dryer might be pushing it a bit. Also, to Dominic's credit, this did happen before the really cute puppy undies.


6. Frugal Tip: My brother introduced me to Dryer Fluff Balls. The idea is that you can forgo fabric softener with these spiky guys rumbling around in the dryer fluffing everything up. I found that static was still an issue. However, only 1/2 a dryer sheet is needed to take care of the static problem. Definitely a money saver considering how many loads of laundry I do on a daily basis.


7. Final report: Dominic did great today! I think the puppies and jelly beans really did work. However, I did learn that it is best not to let the 4 year old give the progress reports to Nanna. She was a little too blunt with the details. Sorry Nanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment